Chocolate is the second most common ice cream flavor in the US, behind number 1 vanilla. Chocolate ice cream has been in existence over a hundred years and has been popular in the United States since the late 19th century.
Check out some ice cream facts below:
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- The udder of a cow can hold between 25-50 lbs. of milk.
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled “ice cream”. This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- Sorbet, has no milk at all.
- In Sherbet, milkfat is between 1 – 2%.
Cool off today and enjoy one of our many Chocolate Ice Cream offerings, Click Here