Earth Day Climate Friendly Chili Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
(Click On The Ingredients Below To Purchase Here on GaaS Cloud!)
1 large can (28 oz) diced tomatoes (use the liquid)
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
(Note: You can use any beans you’d like – or even lentils – but these are some favorites. We suggest 3 cans, or an equivalent amount of dried beans.)
4 cloves or 4 teaspoons garlic (can be fresh, powdered or minced)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ – 1 cup water or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 small can (8 oz) mushrooms (optional)
• Heat the oil, onion and garlic on medium in a big pot for 5 minutes.
• Add all other ingredients and stir thoroughly.
• Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to a low temperature simmer.
• Cook on low at a simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Serve and feel free to garnish with more herbs. Goes very well with bread, crackers or tortilla chips.