Vegetarian Louisiana-Style Red Beans and Rice Recipe
This recipe highlights the GaaS Cloud grocery items.
All the ingredients in this recipe are available at GaaS Cloud!
Preparation Total time: 4 hours, 30 minutes Prep time: 2 hours Cook time: 2 hours, 30 minutes Serving Size: 8
- 1 (1-pound) package Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (32-ounce) container no-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid smoke seasoning
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Cooked Rice
- Rinse and sort beans. (Optional: Soak your beans)
- Put the beans in a pot and cover them with vegetable broth. Set heat to high.
- In another pot or skillet, sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper in olive oil until tender.
- Add the sautéed vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients, except salt and rice, to the beans.
- When the beans reach a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 2 ½ hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Add water to beans as needed.
- When the beans are completely tender, add salt to taste.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Salt to taste and serve over cooked rice.